Sunday, January 23, 2011

GGW: Macro In A Mason Jar



This is my entry for Gardening Gone Wild "Picture This" photo contest . The theme is...Macro In A Mason Jar. I had a lot of fun trying out different items for the background and contents inside the jar. For my entry I used a wet, heart shaped rock inside a pickle jar and placed it on top of smaller rocks.  I selected this one because I thought it looked like a rock dropped in water. 

Speaking of water, I have good news! My son fixed my camera.  He completely opened up the frame of the camera and managed to dry it off and then put it in a bag a rice overnight.  I don't have an expensive camera or I would never have let him open it up and experiment. He told me he could do it and he did! :) Way to go, Will!

Also, thank you for all the nice comments and suggestions in my previous post concerning my camera mishap! 


18 comments:

Britta said...

Dear Amy,
so glad your camara works again - and wonderful that your son could help you so skillfully! I love that they dare to do thinhs we don't (open up a camera, manage 'things'at the computer (also inside) - wizzards!
Your picture is great! Britta

Darla said...

Nice entry for GGW!! Huge Kudos to your son!!!

Jan@Thanks for today. said...

Very cute, Amy...love the wet heart-shaped rock idea;-) Glad your camera is not a goner!!

Toni - Signature Gardens said...

Yea on the camera!! Best wishes on the contest. It was a fun experiment, wasn't it? I used a rock too :-)

Annie said...

Good news about the camera! Nice picture for the contest! Good luck!

Annie

Patsi said...

Looks like a fun contest.
Someday I'll get a macro lens,had one before and did get some interesting pics.

Karin / Southern Meadows said...

Love your entry! Very good news on your camera. I would be so lost without mine. I take it everywhere.

The Whimsical Gardener said...

So glad you were able to salvage your camera! Yeah, Will! Best of luck in the contest Amy...you know how much I love that little rock ;)

Aerie-el said...

Great photo! Good luck!

Wendy said...

Great entry for the contest. A perfect pre-Valentine's shot. Good luck!

Tufa Girl said...

I love your entry. Good luck!

Curbstone Valley Farm said...

Beautiful photo Amy, and so glad to hear your camera is fixed!

Lynn said...

Amy, thank you so much for your comment on my photo. I really like your entry and the name of your blog made me laugh!

Island Threads said...

love your photo Amy, I love coloured stones especially when wet it brings the colour up so much more, glad your son dried your camera out, Frances

Ashley Craft said...

Beautiful photo!! And I absolutely love the title of your blog!

Looking forward to reading more! :)

lifeshighway said...

Great job on your macro especially with a water dunked camera. I like the smooth stones effect. Great job.

The Garden Ms. S said...

Great photo, Amy! Glad the camera is working again. Although I quite like your artwork too - very cheerful! :)

Bren said...

I had to stop by to get warmed up! Great shares even though it looks like you all have some frost today.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...