Thursday, August 30, 2012

Plants That Love the Texas Heat!



This is our fourth year living in Austin, Texas. I have learned that the true secret to a successful container is to plant cacti. They are tough as nails and can withstand me forgetting to water them. I have plenty of color and blooms in my flowers beds, so I enjoy the variety and structure the cacti bring to my landscape.



Here are some colorful blooms in my garden ...



Coralbean, Erythrina herbacea has striking red blooms that attract hummingbirds. However, the seeds are poisonous and not eaten by wildlife.

 
 
 I like the airy foliage...
 
 
and the blooms stand out on long branches.


I have lots of color in my beds this time of year. They are all sun loving plants that bloom like crazy in the Texas heat and it is HOT.

Have a good day and enjoy your blooms!



 

2 comments:

Flower Pot said...

You've obviously figured out how to deal with the Texas heat...nice.

Anonymous said...

I have lots of color in my beds this time of year. They are all sun loving plants that bloom like crazy in the Texas...berry plants

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...