Thursday, April 25, 2013

Mini Rock Garden

 
Sometimes these little succulents can get lost in a garden bed and go unnoticed because of their size. I have found that creating a mini rock garden can help to get them noticed and add a little interest to my garden.
 
 
Santolina is planted next to the agave container. It is a shrubby ground cover that I keep shaped up for the area.
 

Mexican petunias are planted on the right and irises in the background. Lining the fence are Wax myrtles, which offer GREAT privacy.
 
 
I love to create little points of interest in my garden.
 
If you would like you could check out My Circle Mini Rock Gardens.
 
Happy gardening!
 

10 comments:

Steph@RamblingWren said...

Looks fabulous! I really like the design and those spoon flowers:)

Ally said...

What a creative idea! Are those little cacti cold hardy or will you replant each year?

Casa Mariposa said...

I agree that some sedums just get lost in larger plantings, especially the little hens and chicks. Love your method of letting them stand on their own. :o)

Amy said...

Hi Ally...I don't have to replant them. They have done just fine so far.

Sarah | For the Love of Chow said...

So happy to have found this blog on Central TX gardening. Looking forward to learning more for my own garden soon!

takeshi007 said...

I also want to make a mini rock garden for an additional attractive in my garden and outdoor living area. I'm also found http://www.coloradogreenlandscaping.com to look for inspiring gardening and landscaping ideas.

Andrew said...

Great ideas! I'm going to be checking around for some free plants in my area now and make my home look beautiful :)

River Rock Landscaping

Andrew said...

Fantastic ..Thanks for sharing!

River Rock Landscaping

CyndiF said...

I just moved here from CO and was told that semps don't do well down here in the humidity. How are yours holding up?

Ela said...

That is pretty :)
Greetings, http://kolorywogrodzie.blog.onet.pl

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...